Most people have seen one somewhere and probably know one which has food to their liking. However, if you’re one of those who never ventures out much and does all of their cooking at home, there is the possibility that you actually may never have seen one, so what are they all about?
The food truck is a vehicle which gets food ready and sells it along with beverages, and can vary from light snacks to a full meal.
- A growing sector of this increasingly popular market has turned to specialising in gourmet food.
Real Meals on Wheels!
Often, a food truck will have a fully mobile kitchen and can ready fresh dishes on the spot at the location. These are also commonly known as a breakfast, lunch, or break truck, some of them travels around to different locations during the day so as to attain a wider customer base.
- A number of food trucks in Dubai also park in particular places every day and inform their customers where they will be through the Internet.
Food trucks may sell a whole range of tasty morsels and the scope of edible possibilities can vary from packaged or prepared foods such as ice cream or sandwiches to freshly readied delicatessen foods like chilli crab fries or lobster burger.
- The food truck itself is normally a selection of different types such as pickup trucks or vans.
- The equipment which is required will differ depending on exactly what type of food is being sold.
- Common equipment would see the likes of a refrigerator, a grill, oven and sinks, and every vehicle must pass a strict health and safety inspection for it to operate.
The Business is growing
The humble food truck industry is definitely seeing an incline in business growth. This could be due to lower operational costs when it is compared to a restaurant, or the general flourishing popularity of street food.
- Some food trucks will try selling new food trends, whilst others will concentrate on local specialities.
- Most food trucks come equipped with a complete kitchens and daily prepare orders fresh for all of their customers.
There are a number of ways for the food truck industry to go about making their trade. Some trucks will have a certain route that they drive on and visit places such as parks or business areas at certain specific times of the day to reach out to their customers and create a loyal following.
Timing is Important
Food truck operators will typically perfectly time their visits for when work breaks occur, to help in maximising their profits.
More and more food truck operators are now using the Internet to attract even more business. They will travel through an area daily and visit a range of locations, parking up for maybe a couple of hours to perhaps all day. They now post their daily locations, online on their websites, so that customers can easily locate them.
Business certainly is booming!