5 Delicious Cockroach Recipes You Must Try
Over the years and in the recent past, restaurants that serve dishes with pests as their main ingredient have become increasingly popular. Pest-aurants, as they are called, can be more easily found in countries like China, Japan, and South Korea. Everyone has their own opinion; it is not necessary that you will find deep fried cockroaches delicious. Nonetheless, here are some of the very best dishes to try if you’re into this kind of things.
- Fried Roach: this dish is perhaps the most common dish in all of the cockroach recipes. To get the best outcome possible;
- Collect your cockroaches and gather them together into a bag. Ensure that the bag is sealed and put it into a freezer for a little over 5 minutes. This allows you to make sure the cockroaches are dead.
- Take out the cockroaches and then wash them to get rid of the dirt they are carrying with them. Once washed, dry the group by spreading them on a sheet. Use a paper towel to speed up the process.
- Once done, take out a frying pan, pour a reasonable amount of olive oil and heat.
- Pour the cockroaches onto the pan and fry until they seem to turn brown and crispy.
- Now move onto the dressing. Filter out the oil and turn off the heat. Then, pour some sugar and soy sauce.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar turns into caramel, take it out on a plate and you’re ready to serve.
- Roach Stir-Fry: This dish comes second in line. To get the best results, use of American cockroaches is preferred. Collect about 8 cockroaches, an onion, green pepper, rice (according to your needs), ginger powder, oil, and some salt.
- Like always, make sure the cockroaches are dead by keeping them in the freezer for a while. Wash and dry them, and make sure to remove both wings and legs of the insect since they won’t be needed.
- Start boiling the rice.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a pan and start heating. Simultaneously, add the onion slices and the green peppers; make sure they become crispy.
- Fry cockroaches separately in a pan until they become brown and crispy.
- Finally, place the cockroaches on the pile of rice on a plate and serve.
- Roach spread: Not much of a dish, but a dressing. This recipe is quite simple and quickly done.
- Add the cockroaches in vinegar and then boil the mixture with butter, pepper, farina flour and a pinch of salt. This process will result in a paste.
- Spread the paste onto a bread as you would spread jam.
- Roach Burrito: To get a deep fried cockroach burrito, you will need to;
- Get a number of cockroaches and remove both their legs and wings.
- Make sure to wash the cockroaches well.
- Fry the insects along with either chicken or beef.
- Finally, add the rest of the things you would normally do.
- Cockroach Fondu: Who doesn’t enjoy fondu? Now, let’s try a cockroach fondu.
- Take out the wings and legs of the pest and wash their bodies.
- Boil them for at least 10 minutes and then serve them with a chocolate dip.
Many other dishes of cockroaches are available, you can try them at the Pest-aurants around you.