Filled with veggies and bursting with lip-smacking flavours, this Kolkata Veg Roll recipe is the perfect homemade snack. The Kolkata Egg Roll is a popular street food from the city that is known far and wide. This version of this delicious snack is suitable for everyone, and contains a medley of tasty and crunchy vegetables in the stuffing.
The roll itself is made with whole wheat flour, and pan roasted for the right amount of crunch and softness in the texture. Besides veggies, this Kolkata Veg Roll recipe contains the wholesome goodness of whole wheat flour. If you have a big family, you can prepare enough Kolkata Veg Rolls for everyone with a pack of AASHIRVAAD Atta 5kg. Click here to check AASHIRVAAD Atta 5kg price to purchase it online.
You can also tweak the recipe based on your preferences, and pick which veggies you would like to add to the stuffing for your homemade Kolkata Veg Roll.
Tasty Kolkata Veg Roll with AASHIRVAAD Atta Recipe Information
- Type of Recipe: Snack
- Cuisine: Indian
Tasty Kolkata Veg Roll with AASHIRVAAD Atta Recipe Ingredients
- AASHIRVAAD Atta – 2 Cups
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Green Chillies – 3
- Tomato Ketchup – 3 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 2 Tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt – To Taste
- Fresh Peas – ¼ Cup
- Sweet Corn – ¼ Cup
- Grated Carrot – ¼ Cup
- Capsicum – ¼ Cup
- Potatoes – 1 Cup
- Coriander Leaves – For garnish
- Kathi Sauce
- Mint Sauce
- Kathi Masala
How to make Tasty Kolkata Veg Roll with AASHIRVAAD Atta Recipe?
- Mix AASHIRVAAD Atta, Salt and 2 Tbsp Oil into a large bowl with some water. Prepare a dough and allow it to rest while you prepare the stuffing for your Kolkata Veg Roll.
- To prepare the stuffing, heat 2 Tbsp Oil in a kadhai on medium flame. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw taste dissipates.
- Now add finely chopped green chillies and tomato ketchup, and stir well.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder. Stir well and cook for a few seconds.
- Add green peas, sweet corn, capsicum, grated carrot and boiled potato to the kadhai. Mix well and allow the mixture to cook for a minute.
- Once you have added all the veggies and mixed them well, add dry mango powder and salt. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves as per your preference.
- Now that your stuffing is ready, you can start preparing the flatbread for your Kolkata Veg Roll recipe.
- Make small dough balls, and use a rolling pin to prepare flat parathas. Cook them with oil until they are ready.
- To assemble your Veg Kolkata Roll, prepare a tikki with the stuffing and cook it on the pan until a thin crust develops on both sides.
- Apply Kathi sauce followed by mint sauce on the paratha and sprinkle some Kathi masala and chopped onion.
- Place the stuffing on the paratha, roll it up and serve your Veg Kolkata Roll with some Kathi sauce and mint sauce on the side.