Most immigrant women of Indian and Pakistani origin get overwhelmed by the very thought of having to cook desi meals every day.
One big reason is how to arrange the large number of ingredients that most desi meals require, and that too, in an Australian city where one always struggles with finding desi food ingredients.
The arrival of packaged spice mixes has solved this problem for most desi women.
Here I will tell you how to make delicious desi meals using one of these packaged spices.
We all love Biryani. It is one of the most popular and delicious meal in sub-continent cuisine. Most desi families include it in their meal choices during day to day, celebrations and festive occasions alike.
Thanks to the most famous Pakistani Food brand Shan, now you can make the yummiest, finger licking Biryani with only a few ingredients, that too, are typically available in your pantry and a pack of Shan Biryani masala. Yes, that’s about it! And this does not at all compromise its flavor and aroma that comes only with a chef cooked Biryani.
There are many types and versions of Biryani. However, I will share the recipe of Bombay Biryani. Shan Bombay Biryani mix helps you recreate the authentic traditional taste of Bombay Biryani which is a true legacy of the sub-continental cuisine.
Table of Contents
Courtesy Shan Foods, here is the recipe of Shan Bombay Biryani
COOKING RECIPE for Shan Bombay Biryani 60 grams pack
- Meat on Bones 1 kg / 2.2 lbs, small portions
- Rice, Basmati 750g / 3 ½ cups washed & soaked
- Onions 300g / 3 medium finely sliced
- Tomatoes 300g / 3-4 medium diced
- Potatoes 250g / 2 medium peeled and quartered
- Garlic Paste 2 tablespoons
- Ginger Paste 2 tablespoons
- Yogurt, Plain 200g / 1 cup whipped
- Cooking Oil 175ml /1 cup
- Shan Special Bombay Biryani Mix 1 packet mix in ½ cup water
STEPS FOR COOKING
- Fry onions in hot oil until golden. Add tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
- Add meat, garlic paste, ginger paste, yogurt, potatoes and Shan Special Bombay Biryani Mix. Stir fry for 10 minutes. Add water (Beef/Lamb 4 cups, Chicken 2 cups). Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender. Then increase heat and stir fry until oil separates from gravy.
- Separately: In 15 cups / 3 liters of boiling water, stir in tablespoons of Shan Salt and soaked rice. Boil rice until ¾ cooked. Remove and drain thoroughly.
- Spread half rice in pot and pour meat curry. Top with remaining rice. Cover pot and cook on low heat until rice is fully cooked (5-10 minutes). Mix before serving. Tips: For meat, use breast, ribs & shoulder cuts.
Your yummiest, finger licking Biryani is all ready to serve to your loved ones.